Yesterday, I packed the rest of my things (okay, since then I’ve discovered I forgot my blender and waffle iron), grabbed my cactus and boarded a plane for Vancouver.
I’ve made that trip a hundred times, but always had a return flight booked. Having only ever lived in Prince George, this is so surreal for me. I know it’s been less than two full days, but it still feels like I’m only visiting!
During the last few weeks getting ready for the big move, I learned that:
01. If you think you need eight boxes, you’ll need four more. Then two more after that.
02. My mirror is too big for mirror boxes.
03. If you haven’t seen something since you first moved in, don’t bring it with you.
04. Drinking wine helps.
05. Things that you barely noticed or cared about before in your hometown suddenly make you sad.
06. Force your friends to come see you before you go.
07. Eat “one last time” at all your favourite local restaurants.
08. Say goodbye to your neighbours. Bring them gifts.
09. No matter how much time you think you have left, you’ll never have enough.
10. Don’t forget your blender.
P.S. For those of you asking, I have a group interview at lulu tomorrow! Thank you all for your help. I’ll keep you updated.